Read On! Donations

Different libraries have different views on receiving donated materials (everyone loves cash donations). Here at your Pryor Public Library, we are excited about them! They save us money and help supply our sales and free carts.  Generally speaking, when you donate an item (book, DVD, etc), one of three things happens: If it meets our […]

Read On! Friends of the Library

Last week, the Friends of the Pryor Creek Library held their first fundraiser – a murder mystery party where each ticket holder was assigned a character and attended a party in honor of the fictional bed & breakfast, “The Harrison House.” Of course murder ensued and then the guests were tasked with solving the crime. […]

Read On! Summer Reading Wrap Up

We just wrapped up our most successful Summer Reading Program on record! I don’t have the numbers for every event we hosted, but when I compare the numbers I have to the same numbers from last year, we had a phenomenal Summer!  Our Summer Reading Program has two parts: the reading part where kids & […]

Read On! End of Summer Reading

Our Summer Reading Program is coming to a close this week. I did better on my Adult Summer Reading Bingo sheet this year than I did last year. I just missed a complete blackout, but I’m proud of the Bingos I earned. I will sheepishly admit that I didn’t attend enough Adult Summer Reading events […]