Read On! Career Affirmation

Working in libraries for almost 15 years, I’ve had my fair share of career-affirming experiences on the job. Libraries touch people’s lives in ways many other service industries don’t or can’t. Reading choices and information needs are inherently personal, so it’s easy to build bonds with the people who come through our doors.  My most […]

Library Closed Until Further Notice

UPDATED 4/2/2020 Effective immediately, the Thomas J Harrison Pryor Public Library will be closed to the public until further notice, to help mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. You can see the most recent resolution passed by Pryor City Council here. We are evaluating what services we can offer while our building is […]

COVID-19 Update

The Library is carefully reviewing options related to the COVID-19 pandemic: things may change rapidly, so keep an eye on our website and social media for the most up-to-date information. As of today, Monday, March 16th, the Library is open, but all Library-sponsored events have been canceled until further notice (Storytime, Teen Night, Adult Craft […]

Read On! Census

April 1, 2020 is “Census Day.” Soon, everyone will receive an invitation in the mail to complete the 2020 census. You’ll have three options to complete your census: through the mail, over the phone, or (for the first time ever) online. The Library plans to have extra computers available for anyone needing to fill out […]